Philip GoldsteinManaging Director
- +44 7870 377009
Philip joined THM in 2017 and has over 15 years’ experience across a number of disciplines including restructuring, corporate finance and accounting.
Philip is a Chartered Accountant by background and has worked as both an adviser and principal on a variety of restructuring assignments across a range of sectors.
Prior to joining THM, Philip worked for Deloitte in their restructuring advisory practice and previously at RBS in their large corporate restructuring team.
- Financial adviser to the Travelex Group, the global currency exchange business, on its financial and operational restructuring. Primary responsibilities included reviewing and opining on the business plan and close management of liquidity. The restructuring included a change of ownership alongside a significant new money injection.
- Financial adviser to FitFlop, a global footwear brand, on its Covid-19 recovery plan and financial restructuring.
- Advisor to Interserve Group Limited in relation to its February 2020 refinancing. Worked closely with central and divisional management, advisers and lenders and managed the auditors’ going concern review as part of the year end audit process.
- Adviser to Survitec to review and report to lenders on the appropriateness and accuracy of the group’s short term cash flow forecasting process. The project included identification of process improvements and supporting the implementation of these initiatives into the business.
- Adviser to BMI Healthcare, one of the largest private hospital groups in the UK with c60 hospitals and clinics and over 8,000 staff. Working with the CEO and CFO on the financial restructuring and providing support on various operational workstreams through the process.
- Working closely with the Treasury team, improved the accuracy and robustness of the short term cash flow forecasting process at Carillion plc. Whilst ultimately the restructuring of the business was unsuccessful, the improvements that the THM team implemented were well recognised by all stakeholders.
- Advised the lenders to Frigoglass in the restructuring of the company’s €350 million debt. The restructuring included the injection of significant new money coupled with a sizeable debt for equity conversion.
- Advised the international lenders to Lonmin plc in the restructuring of their facilities in conjunction with a successful rights issue to provide the business with much needed liquidity and a stable financing platform to operate through the low commodity price environment.