Anthony PlaceManaging Partner
- +44 7795 122360
Anthony has worked with stressed and distressed businesses for over 25 years, focusing over the last 13 years on advising management teams and boards in financial restructuring and Value Delivery situations.
Anthony has advised across a wide range of industries and has particular expertise in European real estate.
Prior to joining THM, Anthony worked for EY and Andersen. He has also spent a year on secondment at a major European bank.
- Independent Director and Chairman of a Dutch property group with 271 commercial properties in Germany. Oversaw establishment of a standalone operating company and appropriate group governance structure. Led the lease negotiation with the key tenant which was in financial distress.
- Independent Director of a Dutch property holding company with significant retail assets based in Germany and a CMBS debt structure. Oversaw stabilisation, options review and ultimate sale of the group.
- Chief Restructuring Officer of one of Iceland’s largest lease finance businesses with c£300 million of debt.
- Leading a contingency planning exercise for one of the major NAMA debtors in Ireland, with c€350 million of debt.
- Advising Four Seasons Health Care on its £1.7 billion financial restructuring and providing board level support in respect of the subsequent CMBS notes extension.
- Advising the board of Johnson Service Group Plc on its c£200 million restructuring and recovery plan.
- Advising Cementbouw BV Group on its €225 million restructuring and sale to CRH plc.
- Leading the review of the facilities management and property services divisions of a quoted construction business with a combined turnover of c£500 million.
- Leading the review of the Asia Pacific region of a communications infrastructure business with c£300 million turnover.
- Advising the board of a global leader in production technology with revenues in excess of £4 billion, in relation to a £2.7 billion restructuring.