- +44 7823 537610
Andrea has over 16 years’ experience working as a CRO, director, adviser and buy-side investor in restructuring transactions.
Since joining THM, Andrea has advised on a range of large, complex European restructuring situations including several bank resolution processes.
Andrea is a Chartered Financial Analyst. He previously worked for Goldman Sachs and Lehman Brothers.
- CRO and Independent Director of intu (SGS), a UK property company owner of four large shopping centres with a value of £1.3 billion. Leading the financial and operational stabilisation, including establishing the independent operational capability of the group, post insolvency of the topco (intu plc) to maximise value for stakeholders.
- Independent Director on the board of the property companies of the European real estate arm of the Steinhoff group, which owns 138 properties across Europe. Leading the asset disposal process across the group with the objective of maximising value for stakeholders.
- Adviser to a leading investment fund in relation to the short term liquidity assessment of a leading listed Italian housewares and coffee machines manufacturer.
- Adviser to the Conflicts Committee of Seadrill Partners LLC (SDLP), an offshore drilling rigs owner and operator, in the context of: (i) the financial restructuring of its $2.3 billion bank facilities; (ii) the financial restructuring of its $2.8 billion Term Loan B (held by par lenders and secondary buyers); and (iii) SDRL’s (SDLP’s controlling shareholder) Chapter 11 process.
- Adviser to the Informal Creditors Committee of Glitnir, an Icelandic bank with in excess of €15 billion of debt.
- Adviser to Straumur, an Icelandic Investment Bank with international operations in the UK and Denmark, on the restructuring of the group’s €1.8 billion debt.
- Adviser to a UK public body on the recovery of its £16 billion claim following nationalisation of a major UK financial institution in 2008.
- Adviser to a UK and European hotels and conference venues group on the restructuring of the group’s £400 million debt.
- Adviser to an investment fund as the majority shareholder in a leading UK listed retailer on its cost optimisation programme
- Adviser to the private equity sponsor in the restructuring of Samsonite, the global luggage business.