- +44 7766 050965
Michael has worked with stressed and distressed businesses for over 30 years, taking board positions as CRO and Chairman in financial restructuring and complex operational turnaround situations.
Michael has worked and advised across a wide range of industries in both private and public companies and with a range of different financial sponsors and stakeholders including hedge funds, private equity and commercial banks.
Prior to joining THM, Michael was self employed at Keppel Managementpartners GmbH, having previously worked for AlixPartners, Alvarez & Marsal and Droege Group. He started his career with KPMG.
- CRO and Executive Managing Director of beauty platform Douglas GmbH, Düsseldorf, sucessfully leading a number of change programmes including store optimisation and target operating model and delivering a €120m EBITDA improvement. In addition, achieved a €2.5bn refinancing as member of the executive board
- CRO of automotive supplier Eisenmann SE, leading the out-of-court restructuring, negotiations with OEMs and financial sponsors and developing and executing the agreed strategy which included working as part of the insolvency administrator team to implement insolvency procedures and the ultimate sale of the company
- Advising Schlemmer GmbH and its financial sponsor in setting up the successful restructuring programme and refinancing
- Managing Director of Atlantik S.A., Luxemburg, a special purpose vehicle for the financial sponsors of Pfleiderer Group; responsible for taking the Group out of insolvency, the restructuring and the eventual exit. Chairman of the supervisory board and shareholder committee of Pfleiderer Group to lead a €350m high yield bond refinancing, reverse take over and IPO on the Warsaw Stock Exchange
- Chairman of the supervisory board of Kathrein SE during its restructuring and subsequent asset disposal programme impemented to pay down financial obligations
- Chairman of IVG AG during its restructuring and ESUG-Insolvency procedure
- Overseeing the restructuring and sale of Temmler Werke Holding as Co-Trustee
- Restructuring of PHOENIX Pharmahandel GmbH & Co.KG, including a €6bn refinancing as CRO and member of the executive board
- Leading the restructuring of SecurLog GmbH (exHeros) as CEO, CRO and finally as General Agent of the investment vehicle
- Restructuring of the drugstore chain Ihr Platz GmbH & Co.KG, Osnabruck, in an insolvency procedure/ self adminstration as CRO, CFO and Head of Logistics