Mark SweetingManaging Director
- +44 7771 841347
Mark joined THM in June 2020 following five years as CFO of RA Holding Corp, the successor company to Arcapita Bank, a Bahrain bank with AUM in excess of $6 billion.
Mark has a broad range of experience providing financial leadership through fast paced, uncertain and complex situations as well as an extensive M&A and restructuring background.
Mark is a Chartered Accountant and has previously worked for Kaupthing Bank and PwC Corporate Finance.
- Chief Financial Officer of RA Holding Corp, the successor company to Arcapita Bank BSC, a Bahrain bank that filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in 2012 with over $6 billion of AUM. Key achievements:
- Quickly stabilised spiralling operating costs and then implemented a comprehensive cost reduction plan to align with AUM.
- Developed a robust short term cash flow model and management process, as well as a comprehensive medium to long term strategic planning model.
- Established financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting processes, internal controls covering over 1,000 entities across several international jurisdictions.
- Set up a fit for purpose finance function, systems and processes; providing financial direction and leadership to a new board and finance team.
- Managed, positioned and sold 30+ portfolio companies (across various sectors including retail and consumer, infrastructure and real estate) based in USA, Europe, Middle East and Asia. Enterprise values ranged from $30 million to $1 billion+.
- Led major contract negotiations and operational restructurings.
- Adviser to the CFOs of Kaupthing Bank’s group of UK retail businesses; Oasis, Warehouse, Coast and Karen Millen. Key achievements include; refinanced and restructured the bank’s £220 million+ debt exposure, optimisation of each brand’s cash flow forecasting model and processes, and restructured the group’s centralised distribution capabilities. All of which enabled the creation of financially and operationally independent businesses.
- Whilst at PwC Corporate Finance, advised numerous boards of companies in the UK retail, consumer and leisure sectors on exit planning, strategy and execution. Deals include; Drake & Morgan, Abel & Cole, Capital Pub Company, Geronimo Inns, Dairy Farmers of Britain, Fishworks and JAC Travel.