Simon GreenawayManaging Director
- +44 7827 296355
Simon joined THM in July 2012 and has over 15 years’ experience working in professional services, since qualifying as a Chartered Accountant with Deloitte in 2006.
Simon has gained a wide range of experience as a professional adviser, having been involved with operational turnarounds, financial restructurings, due diligence assignments and investment appraisals. Simon has worked across a number of sectors and jurisdictions.
Prior to joining THM, Simon worked as an adviser at Deloitte and MPC Partners, as well as an investment analyst while on secondment at European Capital, a London based private equity firm.
- Adviser to the European property arm of the Steinhoff group, Hemisphere International Properties B.V. which owns 138 properties across 35 companies in 13 jurisdictions. Simon was part of the team which led the refinancing of the property group’s debt, established independent operational capability and governance across the property group and then developed and implemented a disposal strategy for the property portfolio.
- Working closely with the Treasury team, improved the accuracy and robustness of the short term cash flow forecasting process at Carillion plc. Whilst ultimately the restructuring of the business was unsuccessful, the improvements that the THM team implemented were well recognised by all stakeholders.
- Adviser to the Board of Jack Wolfskin, the international outdoor clothing and equipment brand headquartered in Germany. Simon worked closely with the company’s Board throughout the implementation of the €365 million financial restructuring and then on the execution of a 100 day plan. The post restructuring role included working in both Shanghai and Germany to prepare a revised three year business plan for the group.
- Adviser to a Dutch based European real estate portfolio. Simon spent two years working closely with the owners of a European real estate business and its lenders where he was responsible for the day‑to‑day operations, including reporting to the Board and lenders in addition to supporting the ongoing restructuring of the portfolio.
- Adviser to the Board of Travelodge, a UK based budget hotel operator. Simon was responsible for development and management of the day to cash flow reporting during the implementation of the financial and operational restructuring.
- Director of a UK based start up technology business. Simon was responsible for assisting with fund raising and project management in conjunction with the day to day financial management and reporting for the business.
- Adviser to the Board of a UK social housing maintenance contractor. Simon worked closely with the Board and stakeholders to implement an operational restructure prior to assisting the company through a disposal process.