Simon CatonManaging Director
- +44 7721 235041
Simon has worked with stressed and distressed businesses for over 15 years.
Simon has a broad perspective and experience having advised both creditors and corporates, as well as acting as a principal at a bank.
Simon is a Chartered Accountant. Prior to joining THM, Simon worked for National Australia Bank and EY in London and New York.
- Supported finance function of international oilfield services business in preparation of revised business plan to support creditor negotiations.
- Member of short term cash flow forecasting and reporting team at Carillion plc and adviser to potential funding provider to Carillion Canada post the UK liquidation process.
- Acted as Deputy CFO at Pelican Rouge (April 2016 – September 2017) through a period of significant change culminating in the €0.5 billion sale of the group to Selecta in September 2017. Key achievements:
- Redesigned and streamlined the stakeholder reporting packs and processes to meet the needs of the new Board.
- Improved and enhanced short term cash flow reporting, performing weekly calls with all regions to identify cash improvement plans as the group’s liquidity position became close to potential covenant breaches.
- Managed the extensive process to standardise group reporting into a format capable of efficient buyside due diligence. Participated in several Q&A sessions with the buyer, and led the HQ and consolidated group responses.
- Ensured Pelican Rouge’s compliance with the SPA with Selecta – running training sessions and establishing robust approval processes for any ‘out of the ordinary’ business decisions.
- Led the completion accounting and deal closing mechanics, involving several negotiations with the purchaser and their legal counsel.
- Following the sale of the business, Simon was retained by Selecta until November 2017 to lead the transition of the Pelican Rouge financial reporting function into the new group – a critical role for the success of the combined entity.
- Whilst at NAB, as senior secured lender, Simon worked alongside management of a global recruitment business through a three year work out programme, involving subsidiary disposals, overseas debt refinancing, and raising a new ABL facility, ensuring 100% recovery for NAB.