- +44 20 3012 1139
- +44 7785 957134
Peter has over 25 years’ experience working with distressed companies, advising investors and management teams through financial restructurings.
Peter has played a key role in financial restructurings across a wide range of sectors and has extensive international experience covering the UK, Europe, the US and Japan.
Peter is a Chartered Accountant. Prior to joining THM he worked for EY and Andersen.
- Interim Group CFO of Bibby Offshore, a £100 million revenue oilfield services business based in Aberdeen. Developed dramatically improved revenue forecasting process which was used as a basis for budget and long term business planning.
- Group CFO of Pelican Rouge, a major player in the European vending market. Delivered accurate trading and cash flow forecasts that were the basis for an eventual sale of the business to Selecta AG. Very careful liquidity management was an important feature of this assignment which extended across a period of 18 months.
- Adviser to the Security Agent on the sale of the Rijnmond Energie power plant located in Rotterdam with responsibility to prepare and deliver a marketing plan against the backdrop of challenging structural developments in European power markets.
- Led a THM team in a 12 month project managing the acquisition of Eggborough Power Limited. Acted as interim CFO for a six month period post acquisition during which time he managed the implementation of a new finance and accounting system and led the development of new budgetary and cash flow forecasting processes and commodity hedging strategy.
- Review of the financial forecasts of Almatis on behalf of the Management Board as part of its $1 billion debt restructuring.
- Interim CFO of a major UK furniture retailer in the lead up to an MBO, with workstreams including improving forecasting and developing and implementing working capital improvement initiatives.
- COO of Teesside Power Limited, a €1 billion energy generation business, during an 18 month commercial restructuring, leading to a sale of the company.
- Advising the lenders to Ethel Austin a £250 million turnover UK based retailer, during a workout involving a substantial equity injection, strengthening of its executive management team and restructuring £100 million of senior debt.
- Advising the board of a UK based systems and control business, managing lender requirements ahead of a £2.7 billion refinancing.