- +44 20 3012 1149
- +44 7917 268249
Michael has over 17 years’ experience advising corporates and investors in distressed situations across a number of jurisdictions.
Michael has significant experience working as a CRO alongside management teams and boards, providing hands‑on support and advice through complex restructurings in the UK and Europe.
Michael is a Chartered Accountant. He previously worked in the restructuring team at Kroll. He also spent a year on secondment at a major European bank.
- CRO of BMI Healthcare, one of the largest private hospital operators in the UK, appointed to lead its financial restructuring and rent negotiations with its main landlord.
- CRO and Geschäftsführer of Jack Wolfskin Germany GmbH, the leading outdoor apparel business, appointed to lead the fully consensual financial restructuring of its €365 million of debt.
- Joint CRO and Geschäftsführer of Scholz Holding GmbH, the global metal recycling business, appointed to negotiate and implement the financial restructuring of its €1 billion of debt.
- Advising an international oil and gas company on its business plans, cost reduction measures and liquidity management.
- Working with the CRO and reporting to the Group CEO of Apcoa Parking, the German headquartered pan‑European car park operator, to negotiate and implement the financial restructuring of its €800 million of debt.
- Adviser to UK Public Body as majority creditor in a $0.6 billion insolvent Luxembourg securitisation.
- Implementing cash flow management systems and providing cash management support to Almatis, a leading global manufacturer of alumina, on behalf of the Management Board as part of its $1 billion debt restructuring via a Chapter 11 process.
- Working with the Board of Iceland’s leading telecoms business to develop a three year business plan and a strategy for refinancing its bank debt.
- Reporting to the Board of a large high street retailer on a project to implement cash flow management systems, develop a three year strategic business plan, manage key stakeholder relationships and advise on available options.
- Advising the Board of an Eastern European manufacturing company through its restructuring process, including communication with key stakeholders, the preparation of a three year business plan, detailed cash and operations management and options analysis.