Marcus BrüningManaging Director
- +49 172 7644626
Marcus has over 25 years’ experience as a senior executive (CRO and CFO) and adviser in special situations. Marcus has advised and worked with investors, corporates, creditors and banks in financial and operational restructuring situations, performance improvement initiatives, cross-border reorganisation and realignment efforts across a wide range of industries.
Prior to joining THM, Marcus was a Partner of EIP Executive Interim Partners, having previously worked for Alvarez & Marsal and Oliver Wyman. He started his career with Dresdner Bank Group.
Marcus earned a master’s degree in business administration (Diplom-Kaufmann) from the University of Passau.
- CRO and member of the board of fashion retailer Tom Tailor GmbH during financial and operational restructuring. Successfully leading the restructuring programmes including store portfolio optimisation and cost reduction (PMO) delivering a €30 million EBITDA improvement.
- CRO and member of the executive board of frozen food home delivery service Eismann Tiefkühl Heimservice GmbH (Foodexplorer Group) in trusteeship acting for the trustee and being responsible for the financial and operational restructuring (PMO).
- CRO and member of the board of family-owned fashion retailer K&L Ruppert Stiftung & Co Handels KG leading the performance improvement programme (PMO) and working capital management with ultimate sale of the company (carve-out of retail business).
- Adviser to a PE owned US based manufacturing company focusing on SG&A and organisational design (Rapid Results).
- Adviser to a publicly listed US based global packaging company for their European operations focusing on SG&A cost reduction and reorganisation (Rapid Results).
- CRO and member of the executive board of value fashion retailer NKD Group acting for the financial sponsor post M&A, stabilising the business and implementing the restructuring programme (PMO) including store portfolio optimisation, cost reduction, working capital and liquidity management.
- Group CFO of family-owned food producer Raps GmbH & Co KG, with responsibility for corporate finance, controlling, accounting, procurement, human resources and information technology with focus on the reorganisation of finance department and implementing a performance improvement programme (PMO) including SAP stabilisation.
- CFO of publicly listed consumer goods producer MIFA AG with focus on post merger integration of a major competitor and leading the performance improvement programme (PMO).
- CRO of PE owned consumer goods producer Biria Bike GmbH with responsibility for the evaluation of strategic options, implementation of the restructuring programme (PMO) and ultimate sale of the company (asset deal).