Johannes Schmidt-SchultesManaging Director
- +49 172 539 1530
Johannes has over 30 years of professional experience as a finance operative and Corporate Executive, serving as Group CFO, Executive Board Director and Non Executive Supervisory Board Director in various industries (eg telecoms, retail, industrial production) and countries (eg Germany, Austria, UK, Austrialia).
Throughout his career Johannes has focused on operational performance improvement, efficiency enhancement and complexity reduction, thus enabling lasting value accretive business transformation and shareholder value creation.
Johannes studied economics and holds a Doctorate degree in Finance of LMU Munich; he serves as an assistant professor at the University Hohenheim in Stuttgart.
- Group CFO and Executive Director of publicly listed (Hong Kong) fashion and lifestyle brand Esprit, successfully leading six German subsidiaries through COVID-19 pandemic via Protective Shield Proceedings, complete restructuring of the group and comprehensive financial recovery (debt cut).
- Group CFO and Executive Director of family owned and Europe‘s largest roofing and waterproofing manufacturer BMI Holdings (London); successfully merging formerly publicly listed Braas Monier Building Corporation with PE held Danish Icopal, establishing central holding functions in London, aligning 200 European factories and production facilities.
- Group CFO of PE owned and Europe‘s leading facility service provider Apleona (Neu‑Isenburg); successfully concluding the spin-off from Bilfinger SE, divesting the building construction activities to Implenia, and establishing state-of-the-art management reporting for performance management.
- Group CFO of publicly listed rubber and plastic manufacturer Semperit AG (Vienna); successfully acquiring Malaysian glove manufacturer Latexx Partners and German profile manufacturer Leeser; divesting JV with Thai rubber conglomerate SriTrang; establishing multiple funded loan agreements (Schuldscheindarlehen).
- Deputy Group CFO of Australia‘s largest, publicly listed telecommunications incumbent Telstra (Melbourne and Sydney); successfully concluding going-private of formerly state‑owned corporation, implementing state-of-the-art performance management tools, KPI based performance dash boards, treasury management tools.
- Country CFO of T-Mobile UK (Hertfordshire) and T-Mobile Austria (Vienna); successfully establishing Finance and Admin structures and processes in these subsidiaries according to Deutsche Telekoms directives, implementing state-of-the-art cost control, performance management, business forecasting and planning tools.