- +44 20 3012 1153
- +44 7900 953998
James has worked in restructuring for over 15 years and worked with management teams and boards during financial restructuring transactions or in interim management roles.
James has advised both public and private companies in the UK and Europe and has significant experience in the energy sector.
James is a Chartered Accountant. He previously worked for EY and Andersen.
- Adviser to Jack Wolfskin, a German headquartered outdoor apparel brand with wholesale and retail businesses in Europe and China, on its €420 million sale to Callaway Golf.
- Design and implementation of an integrated financial forecast model for Bibby Offshore, a £100 million revenue oilfield services business based in Aberdeen.
- Adviser to Premier Oil plc, a FTSE 250 exploration and production company with assets in the North Sea, Americas and South East Asia during its $3.7 billion restructuring. The role centred upon providing support to the group CFO during the restructuring process and assisting the finance function with operational and transactional issues arising during the process.
- Adviser to Scholz Holding GmbH, a global metals recycling business located near Stuttgart, during the restructuring of its €1 billion of debt. James was based in Germany for nine months and was responsible for implementing cash flow reporting to lenders, tight liquidity management and supporting the business during the restructuring process.
- Adviser to the Security Agent on the sale of the Rijnmond Energie power plant.
- Adviser to Endeka Ceramics, a Spanish based global supplier of raw materials to the building products industry, to oversee the financial restructuring of its €265 million of debt. James supported the group through a Scheme of Arrangement to implement a debt for equity swap.
- Interim management support to Eggborough Power Limited, a 2,000 MW coal-fired power station in Yorkshire, following the company’s acquisition by its lenders. The transaction resulted in the station being extracted from a large vertically integrated utility and James’ role was to provide hands-on support in establishing a standalone finance function with financial forecasting and reporting capability.
- Adviser to Incisive Media Limited, a UK B2B publisher, on its £530 million financial restructuring.
- Adviser to Teesside Power Limited, an 1,800 MW CCGT power station, during an 18 month commercial and operational restructuring that required the establishment of a standalone management company and finance function to enable a sale of the asset.