Dean MerrittSenior Adviser*
- +44 7785 233559
Dean has more than 30 years’ experience working with distressed companies and their stakeholders as a chief restructuring officer, board member, adviser and investor.
Dean returned to THM after six years at GoldenTree Asset Management, where he was Head of Restructurings and Turnarounds for Europe from 2015 until 2020
Dean is a Chartered Accountant and was previously a Partner in Corporate Restructuring at Arthur Andersen and EY.
*subject to the normal regulatory approvals
- At GoldenTree Asset Management, Dean was responsible for leading the restructurings and turnarounds of the firm’s distressed investments in Europe, and as part of the role took non executive director positions in a number of portfolio companies across a range of industries and geographies, including at Wind Hellas (Greek Telecoms operator), Maxeda (Benelux DIY retailer) and Peermont (South African Gaming and Hotel operator).
- Chief Restructuring Officer of the securitisation vehicles of Punch Taverns plc appointed to lead the negotiation and implementation of a £2.2 billion financial restructuring.
- Interim Director appointed to lead and manage the implementation of the financial restructuring of FCC’s UK waste business (formerly Waste Recycling Group).
- Chief Restructuring Officer of Travelodge, a UK based budget hotel operator, appointed to support management in the development and lead the implementation of a financial and operational restructuring, which was achieved through an interlocked UK Scheme of Arrangement and Creditors Voluntary Arrangement.
- Adviser to DTZ plc, a UK quoted real estate services business, on its financial restructuring which was completed through a pre‑packaged sale of the business through a UK Administration.
- Adviser to Almatis, a leading global manufacturer of alumina, appointed to undertake a busines review and provide cash management support during its Chapter 11 financial restructuring process.
- Adviser to Straumur, an Icelandic Investment Bank with international operations in the UK and Denmark, on the restructuring of the group’s €1.8 billion debt, which was implemented through a Composition (similar to a UK Scheme of Arrangement).
- Adviser to Incisive Media, a media business operating in the B2B sector, on the restructuring of its £0.5 billion bank debt.
- Chief Restructuring Officer of Johnson Service Group plc, a UK quoted services business, appointed to work alongside management to develop and implement a recovery plan.