Ben PaiceManaging Director
- +44 20 3012 1109
- +44 7879 817822
Ben has worked in Corporate Restructuring for 12 years, undertaking a wide range of debtor and creditor side assignments with distressed businesses and more recently working on a number of Value Delivery situations.
Ben’s areas of expertise include cash management and reporting, acquisition and exit planning as well as management positions during the turnaround of businesses.
Prior to joining THM, Ben worked for Aurelius Investments, a mid market private equity firm focusing on distressed opportunities and corporate carve outs, and AlixPartners.
- Supporting the CFO of a fintech business (which had just received £70 million of institutional equity investment) on developing a three year business plan, modelling a range of core and non‑core products as well as supporting the strengthening of internal governance and processes.
- Interim Chief Financial Officer of a European private equity fund with c€1 billion in AUM, responsible for developing all stand alone operational capabilities of the fund, including setting up the finance function and responsibility for closing the purchase and financing of a c€600 million NPL Portfolio.
- Adviser to Delsey, a global luggage business in its restructuring of €170 million of debt with lead responsibility for cash reporting and working with the Board to develop and finalise the group’s three year business plan.
- Adviser to the Conflicts Committee of Seadrill Partners LLC (SDLP), an offshore drilling rigs owner and operator, in the context of: (i) the financial restructuring of its $2.3 billion bank facilities; (ii) the financial restructuring of its $2.8 billion Term Loan B (held by par lenders and secondary buyers); and (iii) SDRL’s (SDLP’s controlling shareholder) Chapter 11 process.
- Adviser to the Board of Jack Wolfskin Germany GmbH, a global retailer specialising in outdoor apparel and equipment, on its €365 million restructuring and implementation of the 100 day plan post restructuring.
- Investment Manager for Allied Healthcare plc, the UK’s largest provider of domiciliary care services following its acquisition by Aurelius Investments, with direct responsibility for cash management and financial reporting as well as supporting the Board in achieving all critical milestones in its 12 month turnaround plan.
- Adviser to the Board of a Hong Kong listed property development business, in its negotiation with noteholders totalling $2.6 billion, including working with the business on site in Hong Kong and Shenzhen.
- Adviser to a leading global private equity fund on its acquisition of the debt of Casual Dining Group and subsequent disposal of under‑performing brands.